
Copyright: Nora Wolf
The weekend brought dinner, which brought several of my new and old friends to my tiny apartment, which brought all of the furniture against one wall and the coffee table in my bedroom and food on the floor, of course. The get-together was dubbed a Thrive Guide Launch Dinner, because, as I've always said, something isn't anything until there's a dinner to celebrate. While I whipped up the menu for the night in my miniscule kitchen, guests got along grandly and even pitched in with dinner (because that's part of the fun of a dinner party, I'd say). After a bit of brie, bread, grapes and pears came the main course: salmon with goat cheese mashed potatoes, asparagus and a hearty salad. I believe this was the first time in my life that there was an unopened bottle of wine when all was said and done.
In other news: school is slowly winding down. I'm anxious for more free time, and more opportunities to talk with you about your methodical way of enjoying the city. It's just about summertime, so you can expect some extremely interesting profiles quite soon. The thrive-waters may be calm now, but there'll be great waves in a week or two, when I shut the books and go people-hunting.
I've got an assignment for you, in the meantime. If you're the brave type (which, I'd say we all are. There are simply those well-acquainted with their brave side and those who are frightened by it) I'd love it if you asked the next interesting person you see on the street if I might interview them. Now, I'm not suggesting that you stop the next person with a fascinating pair of pants on and ask them if they'd like to talk. I'm referring to more of the subway-musician type. Maybe you could drop a small piece of paper in their guitar case asking if they'd be up for an interview. Tell them my email address, etc. I need your help. WE ARE ALL SCOUTS. Aren't we? Only in this world can one be both a scout and a model. Don't let any reality television show tell you different.
Until next time: get up, get out, and get interesting.
Best,
Jordan

i enjoy listening to timberland and drinking some water while reading yo blog.
ReplyDeletekisses
I can't do any scouting for you, but the whole "something isn't anything until there's a dinner to celebrate" should be the mantra of life.
ReplyDeleteI love it, I'll look around and try to find some thrivers. Spring semester is coming to an end.. and the twins will be leaving the west side... don't forget us... we will be thriving in sag
ReplyDeleteI did some scouting for you! I gave your info the other day to the 'Saw Lady' at the Union Square subway station. You can reach her at www.sawlady.com
ReplyDeleteGood times:)
ReplyDelete